The Digital Government Strategy has “hit the ground running” and we want to make sure you have the up-to-date information on the August milestones.
HowTo.gov will host the tools and guidance for many of the deliverables from the Digital Strategy, and will coordinate training, host discussions, and provide agency case studies.
Right now you can:
- Check out the Digital Strategy milestones page to find resources and info
- Add your thoughts in the commenting section at the bottom of the page
- Sign up for email updates so we can provide timely information to you at your desk
We are building out resources to help support agencies:
- Establish an agency–wide governance structure for developing and delivering digital services. (milestone 4.2)
- Implement performance and customer satisfaction measuring tools on all .gov websites. (milestone 8.2)
On August 23rd OMB will issue governance guidance and the performance and customer satisfaction metrics guidance will be posted on howto.gov.
Agency MilestonesAgencies are hard at work engaging with their primary audiences to determine (by Aug. 23rd):
- Two existing major customer-facing services that contain high-value data or content as first-move candidates to make compliant with new open data, content, and web API policy (milestone 2.1) , and
- Two existing priority customer-facing services to optimize for mobile use. (milestone 7.1)
These services can be the same two for each milestone, or different, it’s up to you.
The Dept. of Commerce wrote a blog post asking for feedback on their priority services, and so did the EPA and Dept. of Education. Other agencies have hosted town halls / focus groups or used online engagement platforms.
Agencies are required to post a page at agencyname.gov/digitalstrategy by today (Aug 16). Take a look at your agency’s page, where you’ll find agency information on the Digital Strategy milestones. The priority services your agency will select will be included here.
What else is your agency doing to meet the milestones? How do you think the Digital Strategy will change the way we work? What else can we do to help you and your agency meet the milestones of the Digital Government Strategy?