The U.S. General Services Administration’s (GSA) Office of Motor Vehicle Management and Fleet Services is getting the best price for American taxpayers while simultaneously offering customer agencies affordable, fuel efficient vehicles. In October, GSA awarded contracts for the purchase of model year 2015 light-duty passenger vehicles, and was able to save taxpayers more than $300 million.
- The contracts became effective on October 1, 2014, which means model year 2015 light-duty passenger vehicles are now available for purchase by customer agencies.
- Contracts were awarded to the following companies:
- GS-30F-CA002 – American Truck & Bus, Inc.
- GS-30F-CA003 – Chrysler Group LLC
- GS-30F-CA004 – Ford Motor Company
- GS-30F-CA005 – General Motors LLC
- GS-30F-CA006 – RP Automotive, Inc.
- GSA was able to save the taxpayer an estimated $238 million below Invoice pricing and $367 million below the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Pricing (MSRP). Savings are based on estimated order quantities.
- GSA contract vehicles provide customer agencies with a variety of alternative fuel capabilities to meet federal fuel economy guidelines and increase the Government’s fuel efficiency.
- GSA alternative fuel vehicles offerings include E-85 flexible fuel, biodiesel, compressed natural gas, liquefied petroleum gas, hybrid electric, plug-in hybrid and battery electric vehicles.
- GSA contract vehicles will include the latest in passenger vehicle technology and safety features.
For more information on GSA’s Motor Vehicle Management and Fleet Services visit: www.gsa.gov/vehicle