The San Francisco Bay Area Federal Executive Board serves as a vital link to intergovernmental coordination by identifying common ground and building cooperative relationships across the metropolitan San Francisco Bay Area. The Board represents approximately 70,000 federal, postal and military employees throughout the nine bay area counties (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma), as well as agencies in the Sacramento area. For the annual Combined Federal Campaign, the FEB’s coverage extends into the 34 counties of Northern California.
The Members of the Governing Council are the senior executives of the representative agencies. The Governing Council meets monthly to address agency concerns at the policy level.
The Federal Executive Boards (FEBs) have the following operation framework:
- Emergency Preparedness and Employee Safety
- Workforce Development and Human Capital Readiness
- Strategic Partnerships
Through the combined efforts of our senior Federal leadership, we:
- Provide communication between Federal agencies during emergencies
- Share special skills between agencies, including translations and mediation.
- Connect to our local community through outreach projects
- Provide local training for our Federal workforce to reduce travel dollars
- Are poised to facilitate large interagency projects
In these times of budget cutbacks, FEBs are critical to the future success of the Federal government. Connecting local agency offices to your local Bay Area FEB is the best way to stretch your budget and collaborate with local leaders.