By Kay Ely, Assistant Commissioner, Office of Information Technology Category
Veterans Technology Services 2 (VETS 2) Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) is now open for business and ready to accept task orders.
VETS 2 is the only GWAC in the federal government set aside exclusively for Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB). It’s designed to meet diverse agency IT services requirements, including new and emerging technologies. SDVOSBs are foundational to helping the government make important changes to modernize aging and legacy IT systems. GSA is committed to ensuring we tap into their expertise through contracts like VETS 2.
Like its successful predecessor, VETS 2 provides agencies with access to customized IT solutions from a highly qualified pool of industry partners. The original VETS contract helped participating SDVOSB businesses deliver $2.1 billion in services and solutions to the federal government. We’d like to match or exceed that on VETS 2.
In developing the new VETS 2, we performed an unprecedented amount of market research that centered around customer and industry feedback. In addition to issuing a request for information (RFI) and draft request for proposal (RFP), we also surveyed hundreds of past and current GWAC ordering contracting officers, created a government customer working group, and used the feedback to enhance the offering.
VETS 2 GWAC highlights include:
- Best-in-Class – VETS 2 is a Best-in-Class (BIC) contract designated by the Office of Management and Budget as a preferred governmentwide solution
- Comprehensive Scope – VETS 2 meets a variety of diverse agency IT requirements, including new and emerging technologies
- Flexible Contract Types – fixed price, cost reimbursement, time & materials, and labor hour orders are all allowed
- Allows for Long-Term Planning – VETS 2 has a five-year base period and one five-year option period
- Robust Contractor Pool – VETS 2 provides access to 70 highly qualified SDVOSB firms
- Socioeconomic Impact – VETS 2 helps federal agencies support our veteran community while achieving their prime contract goals using SDVOSBs
IT Services Scope
In addition to common IT services that the federal government regularly purchases, VETS 2 also fulfills projects that require new or emerging IT services.
Scope includes, but is not limited to:
- Data management
- Information and communications technology
- IT operations and maintenance
- IT security
- Software development
- Systems design
We look forward to working with you through the VETS 2 GWAC as we continue our commitment to providing IT solutions with the ongoing help of the veteran community.Continue Reading...