It’s here: FSSI Wireless.
We recently announced government agencies can now use GSA’s new Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI) Wireless Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) to order wireless plans and devices from leading carriers.
What is the big deal?
# 1 is the incredible cost savings to government. The agreements will save 300 million taxpayer dollars over the next five years.
# 2 has to do with acquisition efficiency and speed. The BPAs will give agencies an improved and cost-effective way to procure, deploy, and manage wireless services and capabilities.
# 3 the BPAs can help reduce costs for industry partners by streamlining contract management costs.
We launched the BPAs as part of the Administration’s Digital Government Strategy (DGS), an effort to transform government services and use of mobile technology in line with 21st-century expectations. The Wireless Program meets DGS Action Item 5.1.
I want to congratulate the cross-government team and leading wireless carriers who came together to get this vital program to work.
10 Don’t-Forget FSSI Wireless Facts
To start saving taxpayer and agency dollars, you can order from the BPAs right now. Here’s what you need to know:
- You will achieve significant savings over current plans.
- Voice only, data only, and voice/data services plans are available.
- Carriers will include devices at no cost with service plans. Users have a choice of devices with each service plan.
- Each wireless carrier can decide the make/model of the devices to offer with its service plans. Carriers don’t need to modify BPAs to add devices, so they can offer newer devices quickly and easily. Latest models may not be available right away.
- No-cost device refreshes happen every 20 months.
- You can buy service plans for government-furnished equipment (GFE) and user-owned devices.
- A feature of FSSI Wireless BPAs is pooling in conjunction with rate optimization. It provides agencies with a powerful new tool for pooling minutes and megabytes (MB) usage to reduce overages and costs.
- In addition to federal agencies, state and local (S&L) governments can buy from the FSSI Wireless BPAs. Wireless is the single biggest IT item S&L currently wants from GSA’s Schedule 70, so cost savings and easy ordering offered by the BPAs adds even more benefits.
- GSA has tools to help you move to FSSI Wireless to plug into the benefits faster. We will post soon to our website these tools: An Economic Model helps you estimate costs and planned savings, a User’s Guide helps you order, and Transition Templates help you move from your existing service plans.
- Get the most up-to-date information about FSSI Wireless service plans and pricing from www.gsa.gov/wirelessfssi.
We couldn’t be more excited to have led the cross-government and industry team to bring you these BPAs. I believe they will transform the acquisition of wireless service plans and devices government-wide.
I think you are going to agree with me once you start using them. Are you ready to order now? Or find out more? Read more about FSSI Wireless.
Please share comments or additional ideas in the comments section below, or follow us on Twitter @GSA_ITS to join the conversation.Continue Reading...