It is now even easier to purchase wireless services through Schedule 70.
The newly enhanced FSSI Wireless program is now available to replace the FSSI Wireless BPAs, which expired in November 2018. Due to the success of the original FSSI Wireless program, we’re continuing to offer this solution to our customers. It’s the same FSSI Wireless program you knew and loved, just better!
In this new FSSI Wireless program, agencies will be able to purchase mobility services directly from Schedule 70 using a newly developed RFQ Generator tool on the Mobile Services Category Team (MSCT) page in the Acquisition Gateway. The intuitive web-based tool supports customer ease of ordering against the schedule. The RFQ Generator tool helps users input voice and data requirements into a downloadable RFQ template for schedule vendors.
The project is part of GSA’s continued work as a contributing member of the Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) MSCT. The MSCT is a cross-government group that fosters effective collaboration and advancements among government IT acquisition professionals.
11 Service Categories
- Wireless Carrier Services
- Other Mobility End-Point Infrastructure – Mobility infrastructure
- Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS)
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
- Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (MBaaS)
- Telecom Expense Management (TEM)
- Mobile Application Vetting
- Mobile Threat Protection (MTP)
- Mobile Identity Management
- Internet of Things (IoT) and
- Other/Mobile Services
Features and Benefits
The purpose and benefits of updating SIN 132-53, Wireless Mobility Solutions are:
- Address the federal government’s growing need for advanced mobile solutions to include security, mobility management, application development, application vetting, and integrated services.
- Enhance IT Schedule 70 offerings under SIN 132-53 for increased convenience and rapid access to commercially available wireless and advanced mobility solutions.
- Provide industry partners the opportunity to differentiate their mobility solutions from other IT-related offerings.
- Meet the needs of government agencies to make strategic decisions and bring the full value and benefits of mobility category management to government.
- Organize and categorize mobility solutions in a manner that simplifies and standardizes the acquisition of these solutions that lowers the total cost of ownership for agency customers.
GSA’s Mobility Team continues its work to increase savings in the mobile space through the Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI). GSA customers saved on average up to 30% in 2017 through FSSI Wireless. To replace the BPAs, GSA’s Mobility Team worked with the MSCT to develop a Request for Quote (RFQ) generator that agencies can use to procure wireless services in a flexible, simple way.
The MSCT looks to give agencies the tools they need to implement cellular service plans and devices more effectively and efficiently through:
- Unified acquisition: Consolidates the number and variety of dispersed wireless contracts to reduce life-cycle management costs and drive better volume discounts.
- Improved information management: Simplifies service plan management and enables centralized access to standardized usage data to easily identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Center of excellence: Uses best practices and collaboration across agencies and the entire community of stakeholders to optimize performance and increase value.
We couldn’t be more proud of the work our GSA Mobility Team is doing with the MSCT. This collaboration really sets the bar for cross-agency/industry engagement and will make a real difference in the day-to-day mobile operations of government.
To learn more, please visit the Wireless Mobility Solutions (132-53) page on GSA.gov.Continue Reading...