By Kay Ely, Assistant Commissioner, Office of Information Technology Category
Preventing infiltration and tampering of elections systems and fortifying cyber defenses continue to be important topics.
Through our established IT contract vehicles, GSA can provide government agencies with access to cybersecurity products and services to improve resilience, protect important information, and bring election systems into compliance with leading-edge practices for enhancing security in today’s tech-savvy environment.
Cooperative Purchasing Program
GSA’s Cooperative Purchasing Program allows state, local, and tribal governments to benefit from access to solutions, products, and services from pre-vetted industry partners through IT Schedule 70 — the same as those offered to federal agencies.
That means these government agencies can buy the newest cybersecurity offerings under the Highly Adaptive Cybersecurity Services (HACS) and Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Special Item Numbers (SINs) which can help with risk assessments and management of election systems.
Cyber Products and Services
Services offered by our HACS partners:
- Risk and Vulnerability Assessment (RVA) services that adhere to the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) methodology for assessing High Value Assets
- Penetration Testing to proactively identify and detect cyber vulnerabilities
- Cyber Hunt to mitigate immediate and potential threats
- Incident Response to expand government’s ability to recover from cyber attacks
Government agencies can also buy cybersecurity tools that are on DHS’s CDM Approved Product List through the CDM Tools SIN. These offer hardware and software tools designed to:
- Identify enterprise cybersecurity risks on an ongoing basis
- Prioritize these risks based upon potential impacts
- Enable cyber security personnel to mitigate the most significant problems first
Here at GSA, we are committed to providing the best quality products and services to our state, local, and tribal government customers and we’re ready to help you secure our nation’s systems.
For more information on the HACS and CDM Tools SINs, visit https://gsa.gov/itsecurity, or contact the IT Security Subcategory Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.